Monday, August 10, 2015

Vittsjö Nesting Table Hack

I was loving gold coffee tables in all the home décor photos on Pinterest and Instagram BUT I was hating the prices. This is one of my favorite DIY projects-- mainly because I have been crushing on everything gold lately and because the price was right!!!

I bought the Vittsjö Nesting Table in black from Ikea for $59.99. The table also comes in white so you can choose which color you prefer.
Then I purchased 2 cans of The Rust-Oleum 11 oz. Specialty Metallic Spray Paint and started putting the tables together so that I could spray paint them. The 2 tables were very easy to put together and it was much easier spray painting them assembled.
After the tables were put together I put them in the living room just to make sure I wanted to spray paint them gold...maybe I'd like them in black?? (I have décor commitment issues)

BEFORE

 I liked it in black...but I knew gold would make it look special and add that GLAM factor I was going for. ( Mr. Munch almost made the picture lol )

I didn't take pictures of me actually spray painting the tables because the lighting wasn't that great. I did two coats of spray paint and let it dry for 2 hours.

AFTER


I switched out the bottom shelf for a glass one. I measured the wood shelf that it came with and brought the measurements to a glass cutting shop and they cut it for me. It cost $40.00 for the glass and $59.99 for the two tables making this project $99.99!



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What were the measurements of the wood please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the dimensions for the bottom glass? I am definitely doing this for my living room!

    ReplyDelete

© Love at West Shore. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig